We are Now Open for the 2020 season.
We have made a number of enhancements and modifications to ensure your safety and to comply with both provincial mandates and local public health regulations.
What we are doing to keep you safe when we are able to reopen:
- closing the communal use Lounge and kitchen – reserved for groups (including the washroom)
- creating individual outdoor cook spaces (BBQ, seating) and assigning each to a specific room number
- rotating pillows/blankets & comforters so they have 72 hrs between use
- assigning a specific shower facility for each of the Villas
- when possible we will rotate room assignment to allow sufficient down time between bookings
- contactless check in: call us when you arrive and we’ll leave your sanitized key in your room
- hand sanitizer and wipes will be available anywhere items may be touched by multiple people (like by the canoes and kayaks on the beach)
- we will only allow camping for trailers that are self contained (cooking, washroom and shower facilities) – no tenting and no campers without toilet/shower and holding tanks)
- the common-use hot tub and conversation pool will remain closed until permitted to open.
- public washrooms are closed. Guests will need to use only the washroom in their room/Villa
Additional Packing List:
- consider simple meal options: Rooms have a microwave and coffee maker, Villas have a BBQ but no coffee maker or microwave (consider frozen meals, sandwiches, burgers/dogs)
- disposable dishware (no washing facilities): paper plates, plastic cutlery, disposable cups
- cookware as needed: flipper/tongs for the BBQ, pot to boil water (for coffee/tea)
- BYO-Ice – our communal ice machine has been turned off for now (every fridge has a freezer in all accommodations)
- consider bringing your own pillows and warm blanket.
Things to Know:
- less than 15 minutes to town for morning coffee – 2 Tim Hortons and McDonald’s plus many many restaurant options
- hundreds of km’s of hiking/biking trails nearby – all outdoor and easy to social distance on
- just 30 minutes from Algonquin’s gate – perfect destination for an afternoon drive
Please consider buying your food and supplies before you leave the city as not to put a strain on our local grocery stores.
If you feel sick or have a fever, we will give you a full credit to attend another time. You can re-book for any available dates in 2020 or 2021.
The protocols listed above may be further modified and adjusted to adhere to provincial mandates and local public health regulations.