Footprints Resort will be permitted to open for the 2021 season under Phase One of the Ontario Reopening Plan.
We have made a number of enhancements and modifications to ensure your safety and to comply with both provincial mandates and local public health regulations.
Most importantly, all communal areas will be closed until Stage 3 and we have put social distancing protocols into effect.
What we are doing to keep you safe when we are able to reopen:
- Creating individual outdoor cook spaces (BBQ, seating)
- When possible we will rotate room assignment to allow sufficient down time between bookings
- Contactless check in: call us when you arrive and we’ll leave your sanitized key in your room
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available anywhere items may be touched by multiple people (like by the canoes and kayaks on the beach)
- Increased cleaning of recreational equipment
- The common-use hot tub and conversation pool will remain closed until permitted to open.
- Indoor Communal Lounge will be closed until Stage 3
- Size limits and social distancing protocols will be in effect.
Additional Packing List:
- Consider simple meal options: Rooms have a microwave and coffee maker, Villas have a BBQ but no coffee maker or microwave (consider frozen meals, sandwiches, burgers/dogs)
- Disposable dishware (no washing facilities): paper plates, plastic cutlery, disposable cups
- Cookware as needed: flipper/tongs for the BBQ, pot to boil water (for coffee/tea)
- BYO-Ice – our communal ice machine has been turned off for now (every fridge has a freezer in all accommodations)
- Consider bringing your own pillows and warm blanket.
Things to Know:
- Less than 15 minutes to town for morning coffee – 2 Tim Hortons and McDonald’s plus many many restaurant options
- Hundreds of km’s of hiking/biking trails nearby – all outdoor and easy to social distance on
- Just 30 minutes from Algonquin’s gate – perfect destination for an afternoon drive
- Please consider buying your food and supplies before you leave the city as not to put a strain on our local grocery stores.
- If you feel sick or have a fever, we will give you a full credit to attend another time. You can re-book for any available dates in 2021 or 2022.
The protocols listed above may be further modified and adjusted to adhere to provincial mandates and local public health regulations.